Technical Documentation Specialist
NUWAVE Communications is looking for a full-time remote Technical Documentation Specialist to join our team. This person will be responsible for creating and continuously improving technical documentation for a variety of stakeholders. They will use efficient management techniques and creative content development tactics to drive productivity.
The ideal candidate is an excellent written and verbal communicator with extensive experience crafting accessible user/process documentation. They should also possess strong skills in technical writing, user-experience design, and content management. They must be able to quickly master highly specialized material in order to produce, organize, and convey technical concepts in clear and engaging formats.
- Write and Publish – Create documentation, guidelines, and instructions for technical and user processes. Craft templates, writing standards, and corporate communication material for internal and external posting.
- Architect and Manage – Build atop and enhance organization of current Knowledge Base structure. Craft and maintain process flow for department updates, changes, or new items to be published, establishing ease of access and use while employing an archival system.
- Analyze and Report – Analyze system data related to user access and engagement. Report findings and provide evolutionary steps to mitigate issues and maintain healthy data points.
- Interview and Consult – Acquire subject matter expert knowledge through a range of engagement styles to document imperative knowledge. Enable departments by creating and applying attainable knowledge-share processes. Work with each team to understand any specific process needed.
- Collaborate and Review – Perform copy edits and communication reviews for various documents from all departments. Receive feedback on documents and make changes as needed or suggested. Work with the Learning and Communications Director and Instructional Designers to support training creation.
- Regulate and Secure – Stay informed of and employ regulatory standards, ensuring all required security protocols are met and remain available for inspection at all times.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Writing, Technical Communication, Education, User-Experience Design, Web-Technology, or related field.
- Three years of recent relative experience.
- Excellent communication skills and professional disposition.
- Proven experience working independently, setting tasks and timelines, and meeting goals.
- Independent and self-motivated; able to stay focused on department vision while requiring little oversight or management.
- Innovative and eager to try new techniques.
- Able to handle changes in work focus and pivot quickly when leadership priorities shift.
Immediate Interview Candidate:
- Has telecommunications knowledge and/or experience. Multilingual status strongly preferred.
About NUWAVE Communications:
NUWAVE is a global communications service provider. As a certified Microsoft Gold Partner and award-winning telecommunications company, we’ve built a best-in-class technology platform to streamline communication processes. Our fast-paced, start-up culture offers rapid career development. You can explore our business and our product here: NuWave Communications & iPilot.